I’m getting license error on mail handler via imap . The imap connection test is good

Brian September 3, 2020

test fails

only thing in jira log is this, which leads to something different

javax.mail.FolderClosedException: * BYE JavaMail Exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

javax.mail.FolderClosedException: * BYE Connection closed. 14

2 answers

1 vote
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2020

Hi @Brian ,

You mention you have a license error (I'm guessing in the logs then).

Do you mean the following:

Cannot create issue due to invalid license: [Sorry, you can't create any issues right now, as you need to have access to a JIRA application to be able to create issues. To gain application access you need to be a member of a group assigned to an application.]

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/create-issue-via-email-fails-due-to-invalid-license-error-in-jira-server-790959539.html

Otherwise like @Dave Liao mentions, a little more details as to what the exact error is would be nice :)

0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2020

@Brian  - hi Brian, can you rephrase what you're looking to do? (What's the issue you're seeing, and what are you expecting to happen?)

Brian September 4, 2020

trying to set-up mail handler for Jira service desk

new to the product, so still in set-up phase.

I did have two mail handlers on a single project and out of the blue, one of the mail handlers just stopped working.  I do see this in the mail log

Cannot create issue due to invalid license

What I tried was to delete and re-create the mail handler

When I test, I received "A3 BAD Request is throttled"

Can I set-up multiple mail handlers for a single project with multiple issue's

or do I need to set-up one mail handler for each project and/ or issue ?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2020
Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2020

@Brian - per the article, you (and/or your Office 365 admin) should engage Microsoft to adjust your Exchange server limits. Good luck! 📮📧

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events