Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I lost my custom field type "Custom Google Map Field"

Deleted user October 28, 2020

Hi everyone,

I lost my custom field "address" in the issue screen. Its type is "Custom Google Map Field".

When I click in "configure" link (righthand sidebar), the field is ok.

Can you help me, please? 

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2020

Hello Liza,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Just to make sure that we are on the same page, I would like to confirm where would you like to add the Custom Google Map Field. 

If you need to use it in the customer portal, I'm afraid to say that this is currently not supported.

Also, just to let you know that the "Custom Google Map Field" belongs to a free add-on called JIRA Suite Utilities and it got discontinued in JIRA Cloud having some of its functionalities bundled with JIRA. 

Currently, it only supports the field on iOS-based smartphones and the function of the field is to only automatically get location through Google Maps when allowed by the user.

Regards,
Angélica

Deleted user October 29, 2020

Hello @Angélica Luz 

Thanks for your answer.

Yes I would like to use the field in portal form but not able to do so I decide to create my field in type "multiligne"....

I have an other problem (if you have an idea). I would fields to my portal form are in the issue too. When I click to "configure" link (on side to the issue), fields are select on issue view and form view.

Can you help me?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2020

Hi Liza,

When we click on Configure, we are redirected to the Request types in order to organize the fields on the issue view. 

The Request form tab is where we add and remove fields that are shown in the customer portal.

All the fields from the portal are also shown on the agent view, but in the portal, we can add display names, that's why some fields might have a different name depending on the view.

To find out what is the name of the field, just click on it and it will show its real name.

Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 09.46.40.png

Deleted user November 2, 2020

Hi @Angélica Luz 

Thnaks for your answer.

I know that you explain and when I ckicl on "configure" I see the field in two views.

But when I open the form or the issue the field disappears.

I think it is beacause it's a Google Maps' type 

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events