Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have downloaded Assets Discovery on a linux system as well as mono but the exe files do not work?

Cami November 25, 2022

Hello there,

I have downloaded Assets Discovery for server and followed this documentation to the tea. I have mono downloaded and it is a higher version than the suggested minimum. I have unzipped the Discovery files and when I run the executables I get this error. Does anyone know how to debug this? 

Screen Shot 2022-11-25 at 12.06.52 PM.png

https://confluence.atlassian.com/insightapps/using-discovery-on-a-linux-system-1085180648.html 

1 answer

0 votes
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2022

Hi @Cami 

This looks like your Discovery_3 directory is not in your PATH.

What happens if you type the following from that Discovery_3 directory?

mono ./Discovery.exe -s
Cami November 28, 2022

I get the same error.

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2022

What are the permissions for Discovery.exe?  Can you run "ls -l" on the directory and show the output?

Cami November 28, 2022

Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 10.05.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 10.06.41 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-11-28 at 10.07.21 AM.png

I have also tried mono <full directory path>/Discovery.exe -s

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2022

How did you install mono?

Did you use the following?

sudo apt install mono-devel

If you did, that works for Windows code you have to compile.

I think you have to install mono this way:

sudo apt install mono-complete
Cami November 28, 2022

Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 2.50.15 PM.pngI installed mono by following the instructions here for ubuntu. This is the version I am running (included in the screenshot). I have also run the sudo apt install mono-complete command and it made no difference  https://www.mono-project.com/download/stable/#download-lin 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events