Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot delete customer from jira service management project

Deleted user September 9, 2021

Hi,

I cannot delete any customer that is being shown in the "Customers" section beneath "Channels & People". I have also check via http:s//admin.atlassian.net, but here there are no customers. And i do not have the option for, Jira Servicemanagement.

best regards.

Ronit Jalimsing

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Solution: 

If you have the same issue as me, you need to go to: https://admin.atlassian.com > Products. On the left side you see, "Sites and Products". Under this, you see you're instance. When clicking on this, you get the option to delete customers.

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2021

If you wish to remove a customer from a given service management project then you do that under project settings > people. The view under the customers screen illustrates the number of issues a given customer has opened or resolved but it is not where you manage the customer’s access. If you wish to revoke the customers access completely from your instance you can do that under admin > user management > Jira service management.

Hi, thanks for the reply. As i stated, i DO NOT have any users/customers that i can delete.

And i know that the view under the customers screen is not the place for managing access. But again, as i stated earlier, the users/customers that are being displayed cannot be found under users. 

These customers are not licensed users, and i also do not have the option to delete these customers.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2021

Hi @[deleted] , sorry if restated what you already understand. If you are a Jira admin you should find all “customer only” accounts under admin > user management > Jira service management. They will not appear under “Users” unless the have an Atlassian account and access to the site.

168789D9-8F6D-4EA4-A28B-80EE0CAAC552.jpeg

Hi Jack,

unfortunatly i do not have the option "Jira service management" under admin > user management >.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2021

Are you sure you have JSM product? If so then it is a permission issue. When you click on the COG icon do you see this view?  If not then you don’t have the required permissions.
2638737D-F11A-4354-8AA8-C579B2EE1CBB.jpeg

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2021

The other possibility is that Atlassian is rolling out new changes and you are ahead of the game here.

I have the same options (see screenshot).

It could be possible that i'm ahead of the game, but it is an pain the ass that needs to be solved (one way or another).

I also have another instance of Atlassian, and i'm also an Admin of that instance, but there the option, Jira Service Management is available. 

I think it has to do someting with new features and functionality.

Jira Settings.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2021

Ok then if you are sure you actually have JSM the contact Atlassian support. The documentation remains in sync with my input -delete-a-customers-account .

what do you show under admin > products? Does JSM show?

I have the solution. It has to do with new features..... 

From the Atlassian Administration center > products > Sites and products > click on the instance.

Here the option is available to delete customers.

I have added the screenshot.Atlassian Admin.PNG

Thanks for you're time and sparring Jack!

Michal Fiala October 21, 2022

Oh, I was looking for this so long... ...thank you.

Now, I have to delete 400 people one by one, 3 clicks each. 

0 votes
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2021

Hi @[deleted] 

For deleting a customer from the JSM project, you need to have Jira Admin or Project Admin Permission.

If you have simply go to the JSM project from which you want to remove the Customer. On the left side of the screen, you will have one panel just scroll down and search for Customers, and click on it and just select which customer you want to delete.

Thanks,

Mayur 

Hi Mayur, 

I'm Jira Admin and Project Admin so that is not the issue. I also do not have the option to delete the customers. When creating an organization in the customer section, i can add the customer to the organization. And here i can delete the customer, but then it gets right back in the customers que.

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2021

Okay

David Wolfman February 15, 2022

Super helpful.... I'm having the same problem right now. Terrible UI

0 votes

This is what i'm seeing when entereing Atlassian Administration:

Atlassian Admin.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events