cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot create a new Service Desk Project

John Uhler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 8, 2020

Hi, we just created a free test account however the system is stuck in the onboarding screen

secure/WelcomeToSD.jspa?decorator=jsd-onboarding where no matter what I click I get an error "We couldn't create your project Something went wrong, please try again." How can we get past this?

I've tried over 2 days, multiple browsers in private/incognito mode and logging in and logging out.

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2020

Hello John,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Thank you for the details. 

As a test, can you use the URL below and to check if you are redirected to the project's page or the "Your Work" page?

https://xxxxxxx.atlassian.net/jira/your-work

https://xxxxxxx.atlassian.net/secure/BrowseProjects.jspa

I see that you are the only user on the site, can you access admin.atlassian.com, select the Organization, and select the site?

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 17.38.08.png

So you will be able to access User management and if possible, add another account that you have access in order to test if you will face the same issue.

If you still face the same issue, please, open the developer tools on your browser and check if it shows any other error that may help us identify what is causing the issue.

Regards,
Angélica

John Uhler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 12, 2020

Thank you. I was able to get it working. There was an error making a call to the REST api to generate a key.

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events