I am having issue while configuring Email handler for IMAP(SECURE) Email server.

Satyam Kumar December 15, 2020

Hello, 

I am having issue while configuring Email handler for IMAP(SECURE) Email server.I see belwo error message while trying to test Email Handler.

com.sun.mail.util.MailConnectException: Couldn't connect to host, port: gecina@gocloudsolutions.atlassian.net, 993; timeout 10000; Using SOCKS host, port: edge-outboundproxy01-prd-eucentral1.net.atlassian.com, 1080 while connecting to host 'gecina@gocloudsolutions.atlassian.net' as user 'gecina@gocloudsolutions.atlassian.net' via protocol 'imaps, caused by: java.net.SocketException: SOCKS: Host unreachable

If anybody has managed to fix this issue, Let me know.

Thanks,

Satyam

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2020

That means what it says.  Your Jira server cannot reach the email server you have pointed it to.  Either the server is not there (connection settings wrong?) or the network is blocking it (probably a firewall)

Satyam Kumar December 15, 2020

Thanks Nic !

As I am new to Jira, I am not sure how/where to Correct the connection setting. Is there any documents that i can refer to ?

Thanks,

Satyam

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2020

Not that I know of, off the top of my head, but I don't think you need docs.

To add an email server, go to Admin -> Incoming email, and click "add", or click "edit" on an existing one.

It will pop up a box asking for connection settings, and you need to give it the details for a valid email server that Cloud can reach over the internet.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events