How would we include a field the customer filled out in the title on tickets for the Service Desk?

Rydell Hall April 23, 2015

We have a new hire option on our portal and we'd like to include the name of the new hire on the ticket summary. Currently it's just called "New Hire" and we have to click and open the ticket to view details to see which one it is. Is there a way to simply include what the user fills in for the First and Last name field we created on the summary after "New Hire"?

2 answers

0 votes
RobertH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2015

Out of the box, it's not possible.  I looked into the above with JIRA Scripting, but also, I submitted a suggestion here:  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-522

0 votes
Logan G Hawkes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2015

I did something similar with the JIRA Scripting Suite plugin. In the "Create" step of the workflow add a post-function that calls a jython script. Have the script pull the value of the First and Last Name fields and add them to the issue summary. QED.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events