cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How work JSD mail handler?

Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2019

Hi folks

I need to understand how works email requests in JIRA Service Desk. I thought that I understand it but I see that I don't know and understand all aspects of it.

I'm very curious how JIRA recognize emails and decide if recieved email is new (and create new issue) or it belong to other issue (and put comment in this issue).
I thought that JIRA know it from issue key added to email subject but today I saw that it not work like this.

Please help me to understand it :)

Regards,
Seba

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2019
  • If a user sends an email to the JSD email then an issue will be created.
  • If a user replies to a notification email that is sent from JSD then a comment is added.
  • If someone was CCed in the original email to create an issue and that person replies to all (which includes the JSD email) then a new issue is created.

why:

• to be considered a comment the subject of the email must include the issuekey , e.g. ABC-123
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2019

Hi @Jack Brickey 

Thanks for reply and explanation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events