Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to usefully manage multiple issues from the queue?

Surevine September 30, 2020

Looking at :
https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver/using-service-desk-queues-939926462.html

Says I can link/assign/delete tickets from the queue.

How do I do something useful with them instead? Like a workflow step. "Resolve" for example.

Considering if you use the normal ticket delete function it warns you like "Are you sure you don't want to resolve the ticket?" it seems odd that "Delete" has been pulled out as a useful button to have here but not Resolve... We don't want people deleting tickets.

We do want people resolving tickets as easily as possible.  And going to Search, recreating the queue, Bulk Change, selecting the ones you want, "Next", Transition, Next, Done, Next, don't send mail, Next, Confirm, wait..., "OK" is not as easy as "view queue, select many tickets, click resolve".

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2020

Hello @Surevine

Thank you for reaching out.

We agree with you that the ability to bulk transition issues in the Jira Service desk queue would be a useful feature, so we created the following feature request to get this implemented in Jira Server:

As a Service Desk agent I would like to be able to perform bulk issue operations on issues from the SD queue 

Please, vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events