Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use variables in Workflow post-action to set a value in Insight object attributes

Andreas Hubert October 15, 2021

Hi All!

I'm trying to work with Set the value of an object attributes with a predefined value

In Change Value, I like to provide a value from another custom field in the issue, but somehow it does not work the same way when using it in the email post action for example. 

I tried with ${{issue.get("Server Version")}} or {issue.get("Server Version")} and some other variations ... But either the action is not triggered or the attribute in Insight gets empty. Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks

Andreas

1 answer

1 vote
Björn Gullander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2021

Hi, 

If "Server Version" is your custom field, you should be able to use the placeholders like this to get the value from that field: 

${Server Version} or ${customfield_xxxxx}

If the custom field is a multiple select field, (for example Component/s field) you need to use the following to get all values:

${components${0}}

Björn 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events