Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use business days in automation rule?

eSolutions Customer Support November 20, 2020

I am using automation rule to follow up with end users when their tickets sit for 3, 7 and 10 days then closing the ticket.

I have it working somewhat now with three automation rules with jql checking updated < -3d / -7d / -10d

My issue now is that this automation is only counting days and this includes weekends and our customers wont be replying on weekends typically so I don't want to consider weekends.

When I contact Atlassian support their follow up rules seem to account for business days...

Any suggestions on how I can accomplish follow ups after 3,7,10 business days??

3 answers

4 votes
Ahmed Zeb March 5, 2022

You can use the following condition: {{now.dayOfWeekName}}

2022-03-06_13-29-24.png

Michael Hart March 8, 2022

@Ahmed Zebthank you so much for your post! I think that this has solved an automation rule that I was trying to setup. Basically, I wanted to remind employees about SLA resolutions which are about to breach except if those breaches are on a weekend, Saturday or Sunday. I simply repeated your steps, but for both Sat and Sun instead.

Off-hand, do you know if it would be possible to do something like this, but with {{now.toBusinessDay()}} instead of {{now.dayOfWeekName}}}? I had been puzzling over this for a while.

0 votes
Kelley Mills June 11, 2021

Did you figure this out? What if you created a Scheduled rule that looked for issues that matched JQL that reads when "Created = Now(+3)" etc? The date query would be your trigger?Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 15-37-29 Jira automation template library Atlassian.png

I am trying to figure out how to do something similar and this is the basis of my solution....

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2020

Hi @eSolutions Customer Support,

There is no option to trigger this through JQL. You could set up an SLA for this, as it takes your support calendar into account.

Automation then offers you the SLA Threshold Breached trigger to e.g. send an email after 3 and 7 days and close the issue after 10 days. 

eSolutions Customer Support November 22, 2020

Thanks @Walter Buggenhout that makes sense. I'll give it a try

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events