Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Automation to transition an issue when ALL linked issues (in other projects) are closed

Nancy Bonanno September 30, 2020

I have a parent issue in project FO, with the issuetype "Vendor Agreement", that has a linked issue (created) in project CSD and a second linked issue (created) in project ISSD.  I want to use automation to transition that parent issue to "Procurement Review" whenever both of the issues get closed/resolved/done.  Here is what I have, but it isn't working. (Obviously, or I wouldn't be writing you! /;-] )   

image.png

What is the correct working for the IF statement to say "when all linked issues of this particular issue type are closed?"

Thanks for any help!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nancy Bonanno October 2, 2020

I actually got this to work.  Apparently, I needed the "Link issue matches" to be in one unit...so now it says "Link Matches" and I used Advanced to put in project in (CSD, ISSD) and resolution != unresolved.

image.png

0 votes
Florian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2020

Hi. I think it is not possible with the automation rules that come with JSD. However this can be done with Automation for Jira. Here is something similar to your request that works.

EB998FD9-1481-45B0-93AA-7FBD22AA8B81.jpeg

We have a workflow with five statuses. Backlog, To Do, in progress, in review and done. 

I hope this helps. 

We have a custom link „follows/is followed by“. 

The rule is triggered when an issue is transitioning to review or done.

It requires all issues to be in the same project (you can remove this) and the issue should not be in a spring (the workload of a sprint should not change). So basically this rule works for our Kanban projects but not for our Scrum projects. 

The purple branch rule checks every issue that should be activated (moved from backlog to todo). These issue get transitioned when all dependencies are resolved (linked issues match...).  

So you can have issue 1, 2, and 3. Issue three should follow issues 1 and 2. When one of these two issues gets closed nothing happens. As soon as the second issue gets closed issue 3 is activated. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events