Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to update external website/api when a Service Management customer changes his Jira password?

ncavin I'm New Here Dec 23, 2021

Hello,

Is it possible to update an external resource (other website) when a Jira Service Management customer (with the Service Desk Customers project role) changes his password in his profile? And if yes how to do this?

I am able to update the password in Jira (using the /rest/api/2/myself/password api endpoint) from that external website when a customer of ours changes his password, but if this customer then changes his password within his Jira profile, I would like to update the password in our own, external to Jira, website.

Thanks for any advice on how to achieve that.

Nicolas

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Lima Community Leader Jan 05, 2022

Hi @ncavin. Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I'm not sure if it's possible. You might use a listener that will capture a password change event programmatically. I'm interested in learning what others have experienced with this type of implementation. However, I wouldn't advise that; what makes sense to me is connecting your applications, including Jira, to your external AD/SSO if possible. Therefore, your users will have a secure and centralized solution to manage their passwords.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Next level incident management in Jira Service Management

Hello Atlassian Community! We’re thrilled to announce some exciting changes to incident management in Jira Service Management Cloud, in order to give your teams extra muscle during incidents, and ...

1,637 views 20 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you