• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to update description via script in automation rules?

Hi there,

I am trying to update the description field using a script within project automation.

I have the script which process the description line by line and make the changes if the conditions apply but I can't "save" the changes.

I am trying issue.setDescription(output) where output is the result of the process and contains the amended content of the original description.

I tried to run the script in the Console where I didn't get any error message, but the actual update of the ticket didn't happen. The same script gave me "Cannot find matching method" error in the automation code console.

Can anyone help me out what am I doing wrong and what's the difference between the 2 console window?

I have a similar script which is working via behaviour but in this case the request is coming in email, so I guess behaviour is not an option, or am I wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Jira 8.3.3 & Service Desk 4.3.3 with Automation for Jira 7.0.0 & Adaptavist Scriptrunner for JIRA 5.6.8.1-jira8

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Leo Community Leader Jan 22, 2020

Hi @Gyorgy Dani-Rauf,

Are you using Scriptrunner? if so where you placed your code post-function or in listener?

can you share your script and the error log you got?

issue.setDescription("String") //this will work in workflow post-function

BR,
Leo 

Hi @Leo

Thank you for your suggestion it's working fine as a workflow post-function.

Yes, we are using Scriptrunner.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Announcing Jira Service Management!

Hello there Cloud Community members! Today, we’re thrilled to announce Jira Service Management, the next generation of Jira Service Desk. Jira Service Management touts advancements in IT service ...

2,171 views 25 38
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you