Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to triger an email based on an expected date

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2023

Dear all,

we have a specific request for our customer in order to mange issue in service management.

On our issue screen we have an ExpectedDate custom field which is an expected date for the assignee of the issue to process it .

The requirement is as below :

An email need to be send as reminder to the assignee in the follwoing conditions :

• 24 hours (1day) before ExpectedDate
  • Every 24 hours after ExpectedDate

What is the best way to integrate such demand ?

NOTE :
I forgot to mentionned that the email custom is customized based on customer body template

Regards

1 answer

0 votes
Juan Carlos Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2023

@hi @serge calderara ,

You can Use an Schedule Automation.

• You can Execute 1 time a day, and filter in a JQL if the  ExpectedDate is less or equal than Now.
  • For all Selected issues you can automate to send an email to the assigne.
serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2023

hi @Juan Carlos Vera thnaks for yor answer

I do not get what you mean
I have 2 email type to be send based on the following 2 requirement :

• 24 hours (1day) before ExpectedDate
  • Every 24 hours after ExpectedDate

I do not understand what you can ExpectedDate <=Now for only a single schedule ?

I need to send an email to assignee one time at (ExpectedDate - 24hour)

I need to send an email to assignee at every 24h after ExpectedDate

Could not understand the JQL type you are mentionning

Could you please sample it ?

Rgards

Juan Carlos Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2023

Hi @serge calderara 

ok, then i undestand that the advise is only for not DONE issues.

Can you try with something like this automation:

schedule.JPG

Regards ;)

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2023

hello @Juan Carlos Vera I have few question :

Sorry I think there are misunderstanding sorry for that and let me explain again

What I need to do is the following :

• Build a JQL which Select all issue where the ExpectedDate field is 1 day from now
  • Then send an email which display in email body the jql result of all issue linked

Does your if All Match condition does that ? I could not replicated as I do nor see the condition type you setup ( screnshot might help?

How to read back then in email the list of issue return ?

Regards

regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events