Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop adding comments to issue by default robo-user from automation rule

Дмитрий Смирнов February 5, 2019

Jira Service Desk (Server)

robo-user JiraSDAdmin is default for automation rule like "send e-mail, then status changed"

When this rule triggered, comment is added to issue like:

JiraSDAdmin

This issue requires your attention...

How/Where i can configure Jira not to make such comments?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2019

I suspect this is in the Automation section --> project > project settings > automation

inspect all of the rules there.

No option in Automation marked as "do not create comment".

No options in other blocks of config for "adding or not" comments to issue. Just about e-mail notification.

JiraSDAdmin.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2019

no i mean that there likely is an "existing" rule that is adding the comment. inspect your current rules and if you find it there then remove the comment from the automation.

There are no other rules in Automation (remove then earlyer)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 6, 2019

@Дмитрий Смирнов, i'm confused here. In your original post you indicated "When this rule triggered, comment is added...". That tells me you have an automation rule that is running and that rule is being run by your "JiraSDAdmin" user. So it is that rule that is inserting the comment. Now, maybe you are trying to remove the default text that the System is automatically including? If so then you cannot remove that text I'm afraid. Only any specific text you might add.

Ben Weisman May 6, 2021

Was this ever resolved? I am having the same issue. @Jack Brickey 

JIRA is adding comments, tagging people saying this ticket requires your attention. I set up all the automation, none have to do with comments or tags whatsoever. I just auto assign the assignee. There is also no record of these comments being added in the history of the ticket where it would normally show the automation happening. You can see in the history below that I had to go in and delete the comments.

2021-05-06_16-13-29.png

Ben Weisman May 6, 2021

@Jack Brickey  Maybe it has something to do with the workflow/listeners:

Capture.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2021

Ben, Jira doesn’t add comments. This has to be automation or some other addon. In the image it indicates users are taking actions so either they are doing so or an automation rule is in their name. 

Ben Weisman May 6, 2021

@Jack Brickey But if people were manually adding comments or an automation was running, wouldnt it show in the history tab? That screenshot is the tickets entire history.  You can see an automation did run. Why wouldn't it show the others? That's what I'm trying to figure out.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2021

Ben , First let me ask if you’re on cloud or server. This thread is associated with a server question that my answers would be different depending on this. If you’re on cloud there is legacy automation that can run as a user. So it would look like they use or did something when in fact it was actually automation.

Ben Weisman May 6, 2021

@Jack Brickey Ah, sorry about that. Yes, I am on cloud. Do you know where I can pinpoint legacy automations/which one might be causing it?

Ben Weisman May 6, 2021

@..

Like Ken Robin Sivertsvik likes this
Ben Weisman May 6, 2021

I FOUND IT. THANK YOU @Jack Brickey 

David Lekishvili March 30, 2022

Where??

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2022

@David Lekishvili , legacy Automation only exists in JSM CMP projects that were created pre-integration of A4J.

project settings > automation > legacy Automation 

Like # people like this
David Lekishvili March 30, 2022

Thanks, that works ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events