Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show tickets updated by customer

Dominic Peters May 23, 2023

Hi Community,

is there any possibility to show updated tickets where customers did something?

In my case i want to see tickets thats updated by customers shown on my dashboard. If the status changed i can track it sure, but if the status is "in Progress" and the customer write a comment with additonal informations i cant see this on my board. I know i can trigger an email but i have some collegues that work 90% in their boards. I need somthing like a "unread" function for tickets that have new information.

thank you in advance

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

Hi Dominic,

You should be able to add an Activity Stream gadget to a dashboard and then based the gadget on a username. That will show you all activity the user generates in Jira. 

0 votes
Erki Tammik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2023

@Dominic Peters 

I solved this by adding an additional status called "Waiting for a customer." Every time a ticket requires a reply from the customer, I use this status.

When the customer responds, automation will transition the ticket to the "In Progress" status. Alternatively, you could use a different status such as "Customer replied" to indicate if the customer has replied.
Automation was configured to react only if "Reporter" or "Request participant" adds a comment.

This approach allows you to create filters and utilize the filter results gadget on dashboards. You can have two gadgets side by side: "Waiting for a customer" and "Customer replied." This way, you can clearly see how tickets are moving and track who has updated it last.

Additionally, you can add a "Last updated by" field in the columns of your queue or on dashboards to easily identify who last updated the ticket.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events