Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup a report indicating average number of comments per ticket?

Peter Månsson Hansen January 12, 2021

Hi

I need a report where I can track how many comments in average we send to a customer per ticket before being resolved.

This would be very informative for me and my team to know as well as an important KPI for improving workflows/procedures towards decreasing that number as a team measurement goal.

I have added the plugin giving me the “comment count” custom field, but how can I use this information to build a report?

1 answer

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2021

Hi @Peter Månsson Hansen 

I don't know if you still need help on this, but I do have a script which builds a report based on certain parameters. How it works is, you can give it your user's display name, in this case your customer user. Then it will search for any issue where the customer is the reporter using jql, get the number of comments the user made and how many other comments made by other users in the same ticket then show the total output.

You will need to call this method from the script as it's written in python or download the package using pip. 

PROJECT.get_total_comments_on_issues(find_user="Prince Nyeche", pull="active", user_type="customer")

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events