cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up a CMDB for Software Asset Management

Zachary Lycett
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 1, 2023

Looking to see if anyone has set up an effective/efficient CMDB using Assets (Insight) to track software licenses. How did you structure your Object Schema's, Object Types, and Objects? 

Also, has anyone found a solution for tracking software contracts/renewals? Seems like automation (AQL) is necessary for creating alerts. Has anyone successful done this? If so, how did you structure your WHEN, IF, THEN statements? Or is there a better way to track contract expirations/renewals all together?

Also looking to integrate Assets Discovery, any practical tip for setting it up? I have read most of the documentation, but it does not give clear examples or practical use cases for Software Asset/License Management.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

My organization has Enterprise Datacenter licenses (Assets and Discovery Included).

5 answers

1 vote
Emily.Komlance December 7, 2023

I am also curious about using Assets for software asset management. Would appreciate you sharing any solutions you found! 

1 vote
Nikki Nelmark September 28, 2023

We have this same question. Did you find a solution that works for you? I found some interesting solutions about using confluence for this reading through other community posts.

0 votes
Valerie Blondel April 11, 2024

Following !  One additional question : has anyone managed to solve the seat counts, as some licences are subject to seats counts ? It would be awsome to be able to link groups of users and and seats counts as well.

- in our Jira instance we have a group called "developpers" to manage access to some Jira projects.

- all developpers do need some licences.

- say now that a new developper is joining the company.  By adding him to the user group "developpers", it would also be awsome to be able to impact the seats count for all licences needed for his profile ?

Last but not least  : some licences are nominative... others not !

0 votes
Rita Zweers April 11, 2024

Awesome, we have the same question. Do you guys have found a way and might want to share?

0 votes
Rita Zweers April 11, 2024

Awesome, we have the same question. Do you guys have found a way? Is there some documentation? I tried to search but never end up with the needed information. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events