Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set specific SLA's per customer?

Hernan Rodriguez July 21, 2021

We currently have some "premium" customers and we would like to set a tighter SLAs for them.

For example: for our "standard" customers we want to set our Average Resolution Time in 24 hours, but for our "premium" customers we want to set the SLA goal in 12 hours.

Is it possible to do this? 

We currently have created different "organizations" (name of company that we give service to) and inside the organization we have the emails of the people that work for that organization and are the ones that raise tickets in our Service Desk 

Thanks,

Hernan Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2022

Hello,

For anyone who lands on this thread, you can use organizations to define different goals for your customer's SLA. Let's use a practical scenario to better explain it:

Let's suppose you have two customers: Orange and Microwave.

1 - For the customer Orange, you would like to set the Time to resolution SLA to be 1 hour, as this customer has bought the premium support plan of your company.

2 - For the customer Microwave, you would like to set the resolution time SLA to be 5 hours, as this customer has bought the standard support plan of your company.

These would be the steps to properly set both SLAs as you need:

1. Navigate to your project and click on Customers, at the left menu
  2. Add two organizations (Orange and Microwave), properly moving your customers to their respective organizations
  3. Navigate to Project settings > SLAs
  4. Add the following goals to the SLA Time to Resolution:
    • 1h - the calendar you need - reporter in organizationMembers(Orange)
    • 5h - the calendar you need - reporter in organizationMembers(Microwave)
      Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 18.41.44.png
  5. Save your changes

For more details about the features mentioned above, you can refer to the documentation below: 

Add an organization to a service project

Create service level agreements (SLAs) to manage goals 

Thanks!

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2021

Hi @Hernan Rodriguez,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Yes, this can be done, and the easiest would be to add the Organizations field to your SLA. Something like this:

Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 2.56.49 PM.png

Hernan Rodriguez August 2, 2021

Hi Mikael,

Thank you for your response. I have followed your recommendations but it seems that I'm still doing something wrong when configurating the SLAs. To give you some context, for our "standard" clients we have configured SLAs according to the request they make. 

Depending on the request they make, a priority (urgent, high, medium) is established, and the Time to Resolution changes according to it. 

As you can see in the image attached, our "standard" customers that make a request that is "urgent" have a SLA of 4h.

When trying to configurate our "premium" customers that make a request that is "urgent" we want a SLA of 1h. 

The way the JQL is configured right now, when our "premium" customer raises a ticket in the urgent category, it still displays the 4h SLA.  

I would deeply appreciate if you could provide me with some guidance

SLAs per client.jpg

Thanks,

Hernan 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2021

You have to move the 1h rule up to the top for it to work. The SLA is read from top to bottom, so if a request is picked up by one of the conditions it will not check all the other ones. The way you have your SLA set up right now your 1h condition will never happen since your top 4h one will pick up all Urgent request regardless of the organization.

Hernan Rodriguez August 6, 2021

Hi Mikael, 

I have tried out your recommendations but haven't been successful just yet. 

I attempted to recreate the 1hr SLA and specified the client that it should be applied to in the JQL box.

We created our JQL to isolate urgent tickets for organization “amazon” , but what ended up happening is that the SLA was also applied for all urgent tickets for the organizations that we did not select (all clients now yielded 1h instead of 4h).  Here’s an example of the JQL filter we created, could it be possible that the format is not correct and that’s the reason is not working?

JQL created: 
priority = Urgent AND Organizations = Amazon

Are there any other alternatives to generate the JQL that yields the expected result? Or  what other alternatives do I have?

Thanks for all the help,

Hernan 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 6, 2021

Try this JQL instead:

priority = Urgent AND reporter in organizationMembers(Amazon)

We don't use Organizations since our JSM project are only for internal customers, but I tested it in my sandbox and noticed that the Organizations field is not set in the request.

Hernan Rodriguez August 18, 2021

Hi Mikael, 

I've tried the JQL and set the order recommended. When I set up the JQL for Amazon it seems to work, however when I write the JQL for the rest of the organizations, it overruns the JQL for Amazon. 

Best,

Hernan JQL.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events