Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set field description as linked issues

Help_jira August 28, 2022

Hi team

On JIRA service management portal, I have a two request types called "Feedback" and "New change"

On my Feedback form I have a issue picker field(Script runner field) called "Change ticket link" to select "New Change" issues,

When I select any issue in Issue picker field, If any linked issues already with selected New change request, those linked issues I need to set as "Change ticket link" description.

I have written this code on my behavior help me to complete this?

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.config.properties.APKeys
import com.atlassian.jira.datetime.DateTimeFormatter
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.impl.DateTimeCFType
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField
import com.onresolve.jira.groovy.user.FieldBehaviours
import org.apache.log4j.Logger
import org.apache.log4j.Level
import groovy.transform.BaseScript

import java.sql.Timestamp
import java.text.SimpleDateFormat

@BaseScript FieldBehaviours fieldBehaviours

// Set the log level
def log = Logger.getLogger(getClass())
log.setLevel(Level.DEBUG)

// The issue picker field name param and also the field this behaviour is connected to in the behaviour
final issuePickerFieldName = "Change ticket link"

def links = ComponentAccessor.getIssueLinkManager().getOutwardLinks(issue.getId())

getFieldByName("TextField").setDescription("${links}")

3 answers

0 votes
Help_jira August 29, 2022

anyone have solution on this.

0 votes
Help_jira August 29, 2022

Any help on this?

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2022

@Help_jira -

Welcome to the community.  Need more information from your scripted field setup.  So when customer selects the issue from "Change ticket link", does the field provide the customer with a listing of issuekey? Secondly,  how you setting up the links between your JSM issues with your other issues - Are they done by the customers?

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Help_jira August 28, 2022

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin , Thanks for your reply,

I have project called ABC and having two issuetypes/request types called "Feedback" and "New change".

First customer created "New change" request (ABC-1) and it closed, next customer created feedback for new change and selected ABC-1 from "Change ticket link" (this script runner issue picket which is running through JQl "Project=ABC and issuetype = "New change" and the list of issue will show as "Issue key and Issue summary"), once feedback created(ABC-1) both issue ABC-1 and ABC-2 will link through automation.

My requirement here 

when customer going to create another feedback against ABC-1, ex: when user trying to created another feedback and selected ABC-1 from  "Change ticket link", the field should set helptext like " the selected issue having feedback already "ABC-2 - summary", so that customer know that "new change" already having feedback.

-Musku

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

@Help_jira -

I am not aware of any solution where one can generate dynamic help-text on fields even using Script Runner at this time.

Sorry.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events