How to set Out of office in JIRA

Sampath August 1, 2022

Team

When i am leaving the shift or planned vacation, I need to set Out of office in JIRA.

Please share steps .

Thanks

Lakshmi V

3 answers

1 vote
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2022

Hi @Sampath ,

As per my knowledge,  out of the box this feature is not available. 

You can try with 3rd party plugins like Out Of Office Assistant

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211752/out-of-office-assistant?tab=overview&hosting=datacenter

0 votes
Emre Toptancı [OBSS]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 1, 2022

Hello @Sampath ,

If you are looking for a way to delegate the responsibilities of the person going on a vacation to someone else, my team at OBSS built the most comprehensive solution for that. I suggest you take a look at our app, Keychain - Delegation for Jira.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1225037/keychain-delegation-for-jira

Keychain allows any Jira user to set delegates himself/herself. The app can display those delegates on custom fields on Jira issues, automatically include delegates in notifications and permissions, set workflow conditions that will automatically authorize delegated users, etc. It even supports delegation in Jira Service Management customer portal approval workflows.

Hope this helps.

EmreT

Sampath August 1, 2022

Hi @Emre Toptancı [OBSS] 

Thanks for your response.

My requirement is ;

i need to set same way Gmail Out Of office setting.

Like when a person shift ends , all the updates comments in the ticket should automated msg sent to customer like "myshift ends pls contact xxx@cc.com" 

Emre Toptancı [OBSS]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 1, 2022

Hello @Sampath

Thank you for the additional information. Our app, Keychain, does not provide automatic commenting on issues. It tries to follow a more transparent and automated approach.

While using Keychain, your Jira admin can pre-configure your projects, workflows, and Jira schemes for delegate-users. This way, any delegate-user defined from our app's Delegates page is automatically authorized in those workflows.

When someone defines a delegate-user for himself/herself,

• The delegate-user is immediately and automatically authorized on all issues without the need for any kind of change/update/comment on those issues so the delegate-user can pick up from where the delegator-user left off.
  • The delegator-user is still authorized on those issues.
  • The Reporter of those issues does not necessarily realize the change. Some authorized user keeps responding to their ticket.

Beyond those, I am sorry but Keychain does not offer automatic commenting on issues.

EmreT

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2022

Hi @Sampath ,

What would be the purpose of having an out-of-office in Jira?

Not being assigned any issues for a period of time?

These are set in your mail client normally.

Sampath August 1, 2022

Hi @Dave Mathijs @Sreenivasaraju P 

Thanks for your response 

When our IT Agen gone for vacation or shift ends . plan to set OOO

Sampath August 1, 2022

@Emre Toptancı [OBSS] @Sreenivasaraju P @Dave Mathijs 

My requirement is ;

i need to set same way Gmail Out Of office setting.

Like when a person shift ends , all the updates comments in the ticket should automated msg sent to customer like "myshift ends pls contact xxx@cc.com" 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events