Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send a scheduled slack message to an assignee to remind him about an issue?

Lida Ghalam November 17, 2021

Example: I need to send a reminder to an issue assignee two times a day while a ticket is open. I have a CX channel and I need to mention the assignee name for this reminder at for example 9:00 am and 4:00pm to get his attention. 

Also, is it possible to send a message to the assignee's slack directly to remind him about the issue?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2021

Hey @Lida Ghalam , echoes on Fabian's welcome!

We've also got a couple written articles here on Community that can expand on the topics covered in the linked video.

Article walking through the creation of a scheduled Slack message:

Article and script that help link Jira and Slack user IDs, so that you can @-mention a Slack user like the Reporter or Assignee dynamically:

Cheers,
Daniel

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2021

Great articles, thanks for the reminders!

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2021

Hi @Lida Ghalam

Welcome to the community!

Take a look at this video tutorial which uses a scheduled trigger. Instead of sending an email you will have to use the send slack message action.

Link: https://youtu.be/ccWTIgdnQqE

Lida Ghalam November 17, 2021

Thanks so much, Fabian.

In regards to sending email, there is a drop down menu that we can choose Assignee. 

For "Send Slack" action  a specific Webhook URL for a user or a channel is required .  My intention is have the Assignee to get the slack message no matter who he is.  

Is that possible? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events