How to restrict a cascading list in a custom field

Baris Sehitoglu October 13, 2021

How to restrict a cascading list in a custom field in Jira Service desk 

I have a custom field Report issue and a bunch of cascading list options. 

On my customer portal i do have various customer request types 

For example I want to choose "Get IT Help " in my portal and when I click report issue i want to see all the options under the custom field

But when I choose " Open a Service Request " in my portal and I want to use the same custom field report issue and limit the visibility of the options ?

How can I achieve this ?

thanks 

1 answer

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2021

Hi @Baris Sehitoglu,

Custom fields in Jira have a context. It allows you to configure different behaviours of your field depending on the project(s) or issue type(s) they appear on. It is possible to configure multiple contexts for a single custom field and that includes showing different options to your users. Take a look at Atlassian documentation to learn more about configuring context.

In the scenario you describe, it is important to note that you cannot configure different contexts based on the request type in your service desk. If you want to show different options on different requests, they have to be associated with different issue types. That may require you to redefine the mapping of your request types in the portal to different issue types.

Hope this helps! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events