cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restore a deleted organisation?

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2020

Hello,

How do I restore an organisation under Customers that I have deleted in error from another project. 

As a result the customer can log into the customer portal, but they are unable to raise a request. 

The original organisation contained about 12 users. 

I checked the Administration section - Jira Service Desk and can see the users (all active), so at least they are still there. 

Also, I have been trying to raise a request with Atlassian Support all morning, and it keeps telling me Something went wrong, please try submitting your request again. I have at least 10 times. 

Thanks,

Mike

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2020

I solved my own problem. It required me doing the following:

1. Re-created the organisation folder under customers and added the users to it. 
  2. Created a filter to find all requests without organisations. I found all the hundreds.
  3. Bulk edited using JQL Organizations in (EMPTY) AND status in (*) AND reporter in (deleted organisation). 

Mike

Krishna Chaitanya Gumma
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 24, 2021

May I know the query used, please?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events