How to report Time to response vs Time to resolution

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2020

Dear all,

I have different service request which runs and handle correctly in Jira with an SLA which start when request is created and Stop when request is resolved.

Based on that I try to show on the report Time to resolution vs Time to first response but the problem I have is that I have the same curve which are exactly the same for both label as seen below :

chrome_KBCjYVI4wh.png

The querry for those 2 series are as below :

chrome_MD0EXpiWcl.pngchrome_SHxynS1Alw.png

Did I miss something which I do not do correctly ? 

Note : When I add the time to resolution field on my request form it has no value

Thanks for help in order to display correctly this report

regards

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2020

@serge calderara kinldy remove the filter by quire and then check.

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2020

@fahad what do you mean by removing the filter?

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2020

@serge calderara just try to empty Filter by don't add any quires and see the result.

Let me know what you see in the graph

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2020

@Fahad Siddiqui by doing this I have a different curve which is for all request of any project but still Time to response and Time to resolution are 100% overlaped, which is nearly impossible
chrome_orBr6mCOfs.png

Like Fahad Siddiqui likes this
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2020

@serge calderara if you observe the above total is coming same.

I mean time of response and ticket of resolution.

Can you select some other days or months were the totals is showing different and check

Your issue is that you have selected the series created for both

time of response and ticket of resolution.

Keep created in series for time of response

Keep resolution in series  for ticket of resolution

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2020

@Fahad Siddiqui whetever data range I select both value shows the same

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2020

Do one thing as i said before.

Create new series 

Select created in series for label  time of response

Select resolution  in resolution for label  ticket of resolution

then add the filter which you added before and see this will fix your issue

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2020

@Fahad Siddiqui , hahaha I get different data now, my mistake I guess is that on both of my series I have set "Created"

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2020

Yes that was the issue, anyways if my answer have helped you please accept the answer so this will be closed. have a nice day

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2020

@Fahad Siddiqui what is the uint of the Time to Resolution and Time to first response values ?
are they days ?

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2020

@serge calderara this depends open your organization SLA.

First Response Time is calculated by simply subtracting the time of the customer request from the time of the initial reply. To see more of a trend over timecalculate the Average First Response Time by dividing the sum of all First Response Time by the number of resolved tickets

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2020

@Fahad Siddiqui what do you mean ?
any sample ?

I have the feeling from my graph that the value correspond to the number of issue ( see below )

RNr5IFJrBa.png

If I click on the last green point, it shows 4 records which is also corresponding for the 5 count value of time to resolution. Same thing if I click the red point, value seems to match number of issue type count

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2020

@serge calderara please share your requirement what you want to show in report.

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2020

@Fahad Siddiqui I try to get the following :

Requirement:

A first curve which shows the time which is spend before the first answer is given to user for each issue return and  its average

Then a second curve which shows the time spend until resolution for each issue return

Remark :
using the way we try so far it looks like it simply count the number of issue for each days as it is exactly corrsponding to the counter. This is what I felt is wierd and did not find the logic

My SLA is build as below :

chrome_WItF3YjmYm.png

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2020

@serge calderara The above is new requirement, i would suggest to post new question so anyone can help you out. Related to your first problem if you believe its fixed then please accept the answer so that it gets closed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events