Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to redact PII data in the comments section of a Jira Service Desk issue?

Carla Pasquali October 9, 2020

Hello,

We are implementing Jira Service Desk as our ticketing tool and we have a requirement from our Security team to remove any PII data from issues, including comments and attachments.

The following are some addons available for On-Premise/Hosted instances of Jira but not for Jira Cloud:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215574/pii-protector-for-jira?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview 

and 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218962/gdpr-dsgvo-and-security-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Does anyone know of any apps or automation rules or has any experience with such implementation and can share their experience? That would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Carla

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2020

The last app that you linked too is available for Jira Cloud.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2020
Carla Pasquali October 13, 2020

Thanks Mikael.

I am testing the second app but it does not actually redact the data in comments section. It only adds a comment to the ticket when it matches certain keywords or regex.

I am still waiting to hear from the last vendor (Nightfall AI) to see if it does what we need.

Thanks

Carla

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
Shashank Agrawal May 28, 2021

Carla,

Any success with the app? Could you help us with your feedback. I am here for the same requirement

anisha
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 27, 2022

Hi, I'm a product manager at Nightfall AI. I would love to follow-up on this to see if it met your use case and/or to hear your feedback. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events