Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read email subject line and convert the ticket priority as per email subject line ?

AKASH DP February 2, 2021

Hi ,

Currently my customers are creating tickets through email method, they are using below format in subject line to create ticket.  Subject line will have priority of the ticket. So i want to read the subject line and change the priority of the ticket as mentioned in the subject line. now its even if subject line has P2 in priority field, ticket is being created as P3 . Please help me a way to automate this .

Sample email subject :

[Incident_Priority][Customer_Name]Alert_Subject

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2021

Hi @AKASH DP

I adjusted your rule slightly on my Cloud instance. In a test it worked fine.
Can you confirm this is what you meant?

grafik.png

Regards,
Daniel

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2021

And don't forget to add every ELSE needed so it checks for every priority in the summary and sets the appropriate value in the priority field.

Daniel and Iago,

It worked, loved it. thank you so much for the help and will get back to you if i have any more questions

0 votes
Liron
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2021

Hi - Did you manage to resolve this issue ? 

Hi Liron,

No , i could not yet .

Liron
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2021

Hi Akash, it looks like the first answer from Daniel did the trick? 

AKASH DP February 3, 2021

yes Liron, I just followed Daniel. and it worked.

0 votes
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2021

You are already automatically creating your issues from received emails.

The summary of the issue is the subject of the email.

Just configure a project automation (cog icon in the lower left corner of your screen):

• WHEN an issue is created.
  • IF summary ~ [Incident_Priority]
  • THEN update priority to [Incident_Priority]

Hi Iago,

I did create it that rule, but its not working. I did send an email having subject line as below , but ticket priority did not update to P2,  its created as P5 .

[P2 - Critical] Ticket status to be change in Berlin| Ticket status mismatch

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2021

Can you share your rule configuration?

here is the rule execution log which contain errors.

Action details:

If block

The following issues passed:HALO-14600

Transition issue

Destination status could not be resolved. If using a smart-value ensure this resolves to a numeric status ID or untranslated name for issues (with current status):HALO-14600 (Waiting for support - 10818

Here is the rule config snapjsm.PNG

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2021

I don't have a user in your system so I can't open that link. Just attach an image of the rule configuration

Iago, did you et my screen shot of job configuration ?

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2021

I've seen a notification but I see no image on this conversation

jsm.PNG

Pleas see above snap

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2021

This is not what I've tried to explain to you.

the trigger and the condition are OK but after the IF the THEN should be UPDATE ISSUE. Priority=P2.

ELSE IF summary contains [Px-xxxx] THEN UPDATE ISSUE. Priority = Px

and so on

Unless I'm missing something you'll need to specify each Priority option

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events