Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to monitor Jira Service Desk with Google Analytics ?

Marc Rosarian April 26, 2017

Hi guys, I'm despesrately trying to collect data analytics of our JIRA Service desk with Google Analytics.

Anyone knows how to do that ? 

Thx

6 answers

4 votes
Peter Rush June 1, 2017

Come on Atlassian - web analytics support is table stakes for a customer-facing component.

Also, considering merging with this article...  https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-Service-Desk-questions/How-to-add-Google-Analytics-support-into-JIRA-Service-Desk/qaq-p/211363

1 vote
Marc Rosarian June 1, 2017

Hi Raffaele, sorry for the late reply. No we haven't found a solution for that problem and I came to the same conclusion ... the javascript in the JIRA Banner would monitor Jira software activities but not the customer portal. 

Let me know if you guys find a solution on your end.

Thx

1 vote
Raffaele Verre May 8, 2017

Hi Marc,
have you found a solution?
We tried to add the javascript in the announcement banner but it seem not work on customer portal...

0 votes
David Yu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2022

So I was dabbling with this problem recently. Here's some helpful info if you have ScriptRunner:

1. Create a new file with the following snippet (I took this from Google's doc):

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-XXXX-X', 'auto');
ga('send', 'pageview');  

2. Using ScriptRunner's Script Fragments, create a new Fragment, and point to the file. Under Context, set to customerportal

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 22, 2022

This looks like it could be a suitable solution for Server or DC, but will not work for Cloud.

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 20, 2020

Hi, we also recently released our Google Analytics in Jira & JSM app on Atlassian Marketplace to complement our existing integration for Confluence Cloud.

This allows you to not only collect data and send it to Google Analytics, but also display reports within Jira.

So please feel free to give it a go and leave us any feedback. 🙃

0 votes
Nar Kumar C_ - Narva Software
Marketplace Partner
April 10, 2020

Hi everyone,

Good news, we just released new app in Atlassian Marketplace: Google Analytics for Jira Service Desk

It allows you to add google analytics to Jira Service Desk customer portal. We released it as free app for now and works with Service Desk Cloud.

Try it out and let us know if you face issues.

Regards,

Nar

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events