Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify forgot password email template?

Pieter-Jan Hoedt March 1, 2021

We are using Jira Service Desk and we would like to modify the standard template for "Forgot Password" email. At this moment it looks like this:

tempsnip12.png

We would like to modify the content, button and the look of this email in general. We did modify "customer notifications" email template, however it doesn't affect the forgot password email.

Where can we find the settings for "Forgot Password" template generared by Jira?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2021

It sounds ridiculous.. but you cant do it... I know :(

Pieter-Jan Hoedt March 10, 2021

Oww ok, I didn't expect that. Thanks Danyal! 

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2021

Hi @Pieter-Jan Hoedt

Danyal is right - at least there is a Suggestion open with Atlassian you could vote for in order to signalize the issue is of importance to your team.
Doing so the probability is higher that it will be fixed in the future:

Regards,
Daniel

Pieter-Jan Hoedt March 10, 2021

Hi Daniel,

Thanks, I have voted and hopefully this feature will be available in the future.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events