Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make the "Request Type" required

Eduardo Allen April 30, 2021

Dear Community, hi and thanks in advance for your help.

I would like to make the Request Type field a mandatory one but I don't find a way to do it since this one is locked.

Is there a way to proceed with this? If yes, can you please let me know how to do it?

Best regards,

Eduardo 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2021

@Eduardo Allen It is not possible, there is a feature request that you can vote for here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-8406

If your agents or internal team members are creating issues in Jira Service management I would suggest that they use the raise a request feature which has them raise the issue in the portal and will ensure that the request type is set.  

Eduardo Allen April 30, 2021

Thank you Brant

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2021

Hello @Eduardo Allen,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

As Brant mentioned, it’s currently not possible to make the Request Type required when creating the ticket via Jira (Create button).

A while ago was added the possibility to create an issue via Jira and select the request type from the create screen:

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 15.51.22.png

The other workaround is to create the ticket via the portal as Brant also mentioned because when creating from the portal the request type is automatically added.

Besides those two options, you can also create an automation rule to add a request type if the request type field is empty when a new ticket is created.

In this case, it’s necessary to use the Legacy automation, since the new Automation doesn’t have the option to update/change a request type. For more details about the workaround, please check the documentation below:

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events