Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make linked issues visible for Customer on their requests

Lisa Zanini January 11, 2022

The Situation is the following: 

1. Our Customer submits a Request in the Customer Portal of Service Desk.

2. From the Request we create a linked Jira issue, which we then continue to work with. 

3. When the Customer looks at his submitted request, he is not able to see the issue we linked and can therefore not keep track of the issue. 

How do I make the linked issues visible for the customer? 

The field is already added in the issue type in service desk and i tried adding it to the request type but it only appears in the 'hidden fields with preset value' section and i cannot add it to 'visible field' 

I want it to be visible and i don't want it to have a preset value. 

Is there a way to solve this?

Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
Elyes Gannoun _Elements_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2022

Hello @Lisa Zanini ,

I'm Elyes, a Product Manager at Elements.
If you are fine using a marketplace app, we can show linked issues on the customer portal with our new codegeist winning application.

Elements Overview - custom display for related issues

Get direct access to related issues (linked or matching a JQL), and more:

• Display related issues on the customer portal
  • Display relevant data from related issues
  • Edit custom field values directly from an overview
  • Transition related issues without changing context
  • Choose which location suits you best (Issue panel or in the Glance view)

Try it out! And if needed, you can read our documentation, reach out to our support team or share your feedback with me.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2022

Hello @Lisa Zanini,

Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

When it comes to Linked issues, it’s not possible to show them for customers in the portal, even if the linked issues are created on the same project.

There is a feature request suggesting improvements for that:

As a workaround, on the linked issue, it would be necessary to add the customer as a request participant or reporter, for example, and make sure the linked issue has a request type. The customer will be able to view the ticket, but it will not show under the parent issue, but a separate one.

Another workaround is to use automation to copy the comments added to the linked issue to the parent one. You can find the steps on the answer I posted on the thread below:

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events