Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make customer portal public

Matheus Nunes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 18, 2020

Hello

I want to make my knowledge base public so customers can access it without login, it was enabled before but now the customer need to create an account to access the customer portal.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Ma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2020

Hi Matheus,

Thanks so much for your question.

If I understand your situation correctly, your confluence KB articles can be accessed anonymously. However, before searching KB articles through Jira Service Management (i.e. JSM, previously know as Jira Service Desk), customers of JSM needs to sign in first. Please correct me if I have a misunderstanding of this situation.

Assuming my understanding is correct, what you are looking for is a feature that is not implemented in JSM. You can vote & watch this Jira ticket https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-1030 so that our product managers will get a better picture of the demand for this feature and potentially plan this to be implemented in our roadmap.

Thank you,

Martin
Jira Service Management

ps. if this answer is correct, please select the ‘accept answer’ button

0 votes
Abdulkarim Itani November 18, 2020

Hi @Matheus Nunes

Unfortunately Jira service management server doesn't have this implemented yet.

Tinker for JSD allows you to open your portal publicly and will take care of spams by recaptcha and so much more

Check out the listing on the marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222917/tinker-for-jsd?hosting=server

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events