Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link different issues with fields with the same value! (HR Process)

Parsa Etemad April 4, 2024

Well, first of all, it's good to know that this process is very useful for HR guys who handle resumes on Jira.
I was looking for a way to link similar issues. For example, based on information fields such as phone number or email, I can identify and connect duplicate resumes (resumes that were already in the process) when creating an issue. In this way, we could have a complete history of a person's resumes for different or the same positions and prevent the repetition of events.
I searched the entire Jira community but could not find a suitable solution. I started working myself and by creating automation as follows, I can connect related issues:

Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 7.07.39 PM.png

The general direction of my actions in the automation section is shown in the picture above.

In short, I defined that if an issue is created with a specific issue type, the "Phone number" field (which is text) and the "Email" field (which is URL) will compare this issue with all the issues that were created, and those that have similar values, connect them to the new issue that I am creating now! (with linked-issue)

Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 7.15.39 PM.png

Of course, you should know that I am working on optimizing this process. Because with the addition of new issues, we should have more time to review all issues and compare them.

I hope this will help you!
Good luck :)

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events