Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link Jira ticket with Knowledge Base article in both ways

a.sahin01 June 29, 2020

Hi all,

I would like to learn that how a Knowledge Base article & troubleshoot article can be linked with a current or past Jira ticket?

Thanks,

Armagan

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2020

In the knowledge-base article, use the jira macro to point to the relevant Jira issues.

In the Jira issues use the "link" function to point to Confluence pages (the application link should make that a bit easier)

However, whilst this may help improve the Service Desk searches, bear in mind that your customers can not see issues.  They only see requests and articles.

a.sahin01 June 29, 2020

Hi Nic,

Thanks for the response. What do you mean by jira micro? Is there a way to customers can see the issues? I could link with Confluence or web page from a ticket but how can I link from a solution in Knowledge base with a previous opened Jira ticket?

Regards,

Armagan

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2020

Confluence has macros you can embed on a page which can do clever things, usually with their content.  The Jira macro can render data from a remote Jira system, showing a single issue or a list from a Jira filter or search.

Edit your confluence page and use "insert macro" from the edit menu.  Or use { or // (depending on version of Confluence) followed by "jira" to get a list of macros for Jira.  When you select one, it will prompt you to give it some data - the jira macro wants a you to define a list of jira issues or single one.

If you give it a single issue, then when you save the page and view it, you'll see the key, summary, issue type and status of the issue, and a link back to it.  The fields can be configured and the macro is dynamic - if the issue changes, the macro will show the current data next time the page is visited or refreshed.

However, customers do not get to see Jira issues, so they will see only a reference to the issue without and data fetched.

a.sahin01 June 30, 2020

In which edit menu do you mention? on the knowledge base article or in the main page of the knowledge base?

In which place do you write this? > "Or use { or // (depending on version of Confluence) followed by "jira" to get a list of macros for Jira."

by the way i added the jira ticket into the knowledge base article but not for all jira tickets only for the recently viewed jiras.Is there a way to add from the all jira tickets?

regards,

Armagan

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2020

Sorry, I should have said the "editor menu" - the bar with all the formatting and functions you get when you are in edit mode for your text

use { or // - literally type those into the body of a page when you are editing the page. 

To add from a range of Jira issues, the Jira macro will let you put in a search for a range of them.

a.sahin01 June 30, 2020

I could link the Jira ticket with a knowledge base article by editing the knowledge base article and adding { sign into the body of the article. Then I typed jira, selected Jira and could search for the ticket,added it. It works now! Thanks a lot.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events