Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to limit emails to certain domain without creating customer accounts.

Aidan Matheson November 12, 2020

I'm currently setting up a service desk, however, I am confused about the settings regarding whitelisting users who can email through the customer email request address.

So firstly I've set up the customer permissions to make it so that not everybody can email into the address, because I want only limited, white-listed emails to be created into tickets.

Next, i've set up an allowlist with domains in the email requests menu.

However, these two settings do not work together. What is the purpose of the allowlist, if it still doesn't allow emails in that don't have accounts set up with the desk, and if all emails can come in with the other customer permissions setting, what is the purpose of the allow list then?

But to go back to the original purpose of this question, how do I limit usage of the email request address so that people from domains I've whitelisted can email in, without creating accounts of them initially.

1 answer

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2020

Aidan,

The allow list doesn't tell the system which domains can be created as customers. It defines which domains will create tickets regardless of the content within the email.

What you are asking for does not exist in Cloud as of today. There is a suggestion where you can add your vote for this to be a feature, and a workaround discussed there as well.

Thanks,

Kian

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events