Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep JSD customer accounts from appearing in User picker, Reporter and time log fields.

Drew Smith November 7, 2018

For our Service Desk - Server setup our customer logins are in the same database as our staff JIRA logins. We have one group that has all of our staff logins, our customer logins are not in any group. For projects that are not a Service Desk based project when editing the Reporter field or editing our custom User Picker (single and multi) fields or even logging time our customers are listed for possible selection which has lead to a couple being picked accidentally. How can we remove these customer accounts from showing in the list for selection without having them in a separate database? Is there a way to restrict these types of fields to only show our Staff logins?

I adjusted the permissions on the non- JSD projects so Assignable User and the @mention in the comment fields was restricted but have not found any permission settings for these other fields.

3 answers

2 votes
Brock Jolet August 5, 2020

I would also like a solution for this problem.

0 votes
pam April 18, 2023

Is there no better answer than to hide the fields where customer accounts may appear?

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2018

Drew,

Fields come from the screen scheme associated with the project. To add fields, edit the create issue operation for the issue type.

These fields can be added to the request type and given a preset value, but you cannot make them visible on the customer portal:

• Linked issues
  • Any fields that are defined by other JIRA applications
  • Group, project, and version picker custom fields
  • Assignee

These types of fields can't be added to a request type and “add field” option isn’t available: 
  • Log work
  • Reporter
  • Security level
  • Time tracking
  • Issue type

More info can be found in this link.

Victor

Victor, thanks for the input but you mis-understood what I was asking, I am not looking to find out what fields can/cannot be added to a JSD request screen, I have that all taken care of. What I want to find out is on our internal, non-Service Desk projects how can I stop our customer accounts from being available for selection in the Reporter, log work and Custom User Picker fields?

For example we have a development software project, I have a multi-user picker field where all the devs that can work on the issue are selected. When I go to enter the devs the choices it gives me are the staff accounts AND the customer accounts, I don't want the customer accounts being available to choose from, we have had a couple cases where a customer was selected by accident.

Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2018

Drew,

Hide using the field configuration?

Victor

Victor,

The fields have to be available in our other projects so that names can be entered into them, I am not trying to hide the fields. I am trying to restrict the possible options/selections that are available to ONLY our staff accounts.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events