Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import internal comments in CSV ?

Maxime Courtin November 21, 2018

Hello Jira community,

Do you know if it is possible to import the internal comments into the CSV import ?

Currently, I do not know how to differentiate internal comments from public comments into the CSV import.

I have the impression that it does not exist yet and it is really unfortunate.

Maybe, I would have to import the public comments into the CSV import and then import the internal comments via the API.

If anyone knows the solution to handle both types of comment visibility via CSV import, this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Maxime,

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2018

Admin,

See on "comment Body".

NB: You can import issues with multiple comments by entering each comment in a separate column.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/importing-data-from-csv-776636762.html

Victor

Maxime Courtin November 22, 2018

Thanks for your quick reply Victor.
I'm going to look at it.

Regards,

Maxime

Rodrigo Angulo May 1, 2023

Hi @Victor Mutambuki [Mumo Systems] do you know if we can designate comments as internal? The documentation that you shared states we can't but I was hoping you knew.

1 vote
Sebastien Lopes January 31, 2019

Hi Maxime,

Was this working? I was able to add comments, but public ones only, not internal. How did you manage to make it happen?

Thank you

Rodrigo Angulo May 1, 2023

@Maxime Courtin do you know if you were able to make internal comments on import?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events