I will be using the Help Center to allow customers to submit requests. Some of the projects are for internal use only and I would like to hide them. How do I prevent a project from appearing in the Help Center.
For each of your JSM projects, you just need to change the "Customer permissions" via Project settings to "Customers who are added to the project" option. So, if a customer is not added to the specific project(s), he/she will not be able to see the projects listed in the portal.
Hope this helps.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team
Hi, @Allehah Vanloan !
You can do it on free plan too.
You need to remove permission "Browse project" - Customize Jira Service Management permissions :
The permissions for customers must be granted to the Service Desk Customer - Portal Access security type, not the Service Desk Customers role. The Portal Access security type lets customers access the customer portal, but not Jira. The security type reads the role to determine who are customers.
- Create Issues (Customers can create requests and view requests they have submitted via the customer portal)
- Browse Projects (Customers can access the project in the customer portal)
- Add Comments (Customers can comment on their requests.)
- Create Attachments (Customers can add attachments to their requests)
- Assign Issue (This permission is mandatory for the Assignee field to work. The Assignee field is an optional hidden field and it automatically channels issues to certain team members.)
If you removed all the project roles from "Browse project", then potentially you also locked out access to all the users (including - agents).
To prevent control which project shows up in the portal, you should control it via the my recommendation by controlling Customer permissions through Project settings. This should be the same for CLOUD env and DC env.
It is up to you on which route to take.
Hello Community members! We’re wrapping up the end of JSM June with an Ask Me Anything (AMA) with the Jira Service Management product team. This is your chance to ask all your ITSM questions to o...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event