How to hide a project from Help Center

Allehah Vanloan May 6, 2021

Hey team,

I will be using the Help Center to allow customers to submit requests. Some of the projects are for internal use only and I would like to hide them. How do I prevent a project from appearing in the Help Center.

Thank you!

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

@Allehah Vanloan -

For each of your JSM projects, you just need to change the "Customer permissions" via Project settings to "Customers who are added to the project" option.  So, if a customer is not added to the specific project(s), he/she will not be able to see the projects listed in the portal.

2021-05-03_8-40-41.png

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Thanks for your fast response Joseph. I am using the free version and do not see these options. I imagine they are unavailable for the free cloud subscription?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

@Allehah Vanloan -

You will need to access each project, then access each project's Project settings to adjust the setup.

Best, Joseph

Edvard_Laub August 22, 2022

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin

Sorry to reopen the ticket, I cannot find this setting anymore, probably due to an update.

By any chance do you know where it has been moved?

I am trying to remove Projects from the Help Center.

Thank you,

Edvard

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2022

@Edvard_Laub -

In the Cloud env, you need to access "Customers Permissions" via each project's "Project settings", then select the option of 

2022-08-22_16-24-08.png

Best, Joseph

Edvard_Laub August 23, 2022

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin , 

Thank you for the help!

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2021

Hi, @Allehah Vanloan !

You can do it on free plan too. 

You need to remove permission "Browse project" - Customize Jira Service Management permissions :

The permissions for customers must be granted to the Service Desk Customer - Portal Access security type, not the Service Desk Customers role. The Portal Access security type lets customers access the customer portal, but not Jira. The security type reads the role to determine who are customers.

• Create Issues (Customers can create requests and view requests they have submitted via the customer portal)
  • Browse Projects (Customers can access the project in the customer portal)
  • Add Comments (Customers can comment on their requests.)
  • Create Attachments (Customers can add attachments to their requests)
  • Assign Issue (This permission is mandatory for the Assignee field to work. The Assignee field is an optional hidden field and it automatically channels issues to certain team members.)

This worked perfectly! I removed all project roles from "Browse project" and now the project is gone from the Help Center. Thank you so much!!!!!

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2021

Wow! It is wonderful! 🤩

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2021

@Allehah Vanloan -

If you removed all the project roles from "Browse project", then potentially you also locked out access to all the users (including - agents).

To prevent control which project shows up in the portal, you should control it via the my recommendation by controlling Customer permissions through Project settings.  This should be the same for CLOUD env and DC env.

It is up to you on which route to take.

Best, Joseph

You are right. The entire project and it's tickets disappeared.  I selected the option you mentioned above and it worked. Thanks again for all of your help!

Like Alexander Bondarev likes this
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2021

@Allehah Vanloan -

Excellent.  Please click accept answer on my solution when you have a chance.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events