Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide a field in the service desk portal

Boluwatife Onafujabi May 16, 2018

I will like to prevent my customers from seeing the change managers field and change advisory board field on the service desk portal.

Note: this is an internal service desk project.

Please how do i go about this

4 answers

0 votes
Şükrü TURGUT September 26, 2019

I have tried this in my project but cant get a solution. May be it would run in your project. 

The steps are ;

1-First choose your project than go to visibility settings. 

2- Under the Visibility you can see the Fields tab.

3- After click add.

4- Choose request type , choose the custom field to not seen from. choose who can't view.  and save.

1.PNG

0 votes
Adam Black May 16, 2018

G'day mate,

I'm not sure if I understand your request. Do you mean that when a customer submits a request/issue on JSD, one of the fields (that is mandatory) is the change manager and/or change advisory board fields.

If you go to Settings > Project Settings > Request Types:

Find the requests that you would like to alter. 

Find the field which you'd like to hide. 

Click on hide. 

In the hidden section edit the Preset Value field. You can then fill in the name and the customer won't see the field nor will they see the names of people who need to approve.

Adam Black May 16, 2018

image.png

Boluwatife Onafujabi May 17, 2018

Hello,

I tried this but i got this error below.

error msg.PNG

Adam Black May 17, 2018

Hey mate,

Did you click on edit value?

image.png

Boluwatife Onafujabi May 18, 2018

yes i did. on creating the request from the portal i got that error above

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2018

if you are speaking of what the customer sees when creating an issue you can remove the fields as follows:

project > Project settings > Request Types > Edit fields and remove the fields not needed

you will need to do this for every request type that has the fields

NOTE: the fields were likely placed there for a reason, i.e. the info was helpful in resolving issues. once removed that will not longer be the case.

This field shows when approval is needed. So it shows who is to approve and who approves it. 

Note: this is an internal IT service desk project used with issue type change for change management.

Иван Кузнецов May 16, 2018

@Boluwatife OnafujabiSo you can restrict your project from customers. Usually customers registering interactions or service requests, which available for them. All internal IT projects is not available for them.

@Иван Кузнецов thank you. Sorry I guess there is a mix-up here. I meant the IT team instead of external customer. But their request is still made through the portal that why i called them customers initially sorry.

@Boluwatife OnafujabiSo you have a group of users, who have extra permission to view this issues internally in Service Desk. And you have to hide from theme fields, which displayed your Change Cometee participants? As i know, there is no possible to hide defined fields without permissions restriction. As option, you can hide issue fully from them on some status, which controlled by Security level.

So there is no option to restrict only few fields for some group (as i know).

Okay @Иван Кузнецов thank you

0 votes

@Boluwatife OnafujabiCould you please insert screenshot, where this roles displayed for customer? In Customer Portal interface there is only participans block available for viewing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events