Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get plain text body in JIRA ticket

lakshay arora November 9, 2020

Hi all,

I am setting up a workflow which will create a ticket in JIRA through Logic Apps. As soon as a mail is sent to a mailbox(a specific mail id), Logic app will get triggered and create a ticket in JIRA.

I am able to create a ticket, however, ticket body is distorted and is not showing the text in correct format.

I am suspecting its the issue in JIRA since in logic apps I can see that the output is the clear text which should reflect in ticket ideally. However, it is not. 

Can anyone help me out.

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2020

Hello @lakshay arora,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Just for a better understanding of the issue, I would like to know more details about your environment. 

Are you using a Classic or a Next-gen project? 

If it's Classic, are you using the old or the new issue view?

Reading the details, I believe that it might be related to the field renderer. It only happens on Classic projects and Old issue view.

If that's the case, to fix that, please go to Project settings > Fields > Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 17.39.29.png > and confirm if the renderer for Description and Comment is set to "Wiki Style Renderer". If it's set to "Default Text Renderer", just click on Renderers and change it. 

If that's not the case, can you please share with us a screenshot of the issue? Just make sure to hide private information.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events