Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get it so customers can view requests created by anyone in the help center portal?

Cody Seip August 24, 2020

I'm currently in the process of making Jira Service Desk the primary source of I.T. tickets in my company. So far I'm just setting everything up, haven't added any customers, creating test tickets before actually implementing it. 

When you click on the portal link, there's an area for you to view any requests you have created along with its status. But there's also a drop down option to view requests made by anyone. I've made a request under myself, one as the example customer, and a fellow colleague apart of the project made one. But I can only see requests that I have personally made.

Is there a setting I am missing that allows me to see every request through the portal? Or would me/the customer have to share the request with someone in order for them to view it? I think it would be a good idea for our customers to see any closed request, that way they might be able to help themselves with simple issues and so we don't have constant repeat requests.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2020

Hello Cody,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When using Jira Service Desk, it's possible to allow customers to share tickets with other customers and also organizations (group of customers).

If the customer is part of an organization, they will be able to share the ticket at the moment the ticket is created. 

If they want to share with a specific customer, they can only share after the ticket is created.

For more details, please check the documentation below:

You can also share with them the article below that explains how they can share and filter the tickets in the customer portal:

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

akunnari August 26, 2020

Is there a way to do this, "against the customers will" like a hidden field with a preset value?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2020

It's possible to create an automation that will share the ticket with an organization even if the customer select to create the ticket as private.

When a customer is part of an organization, the field "Share with" will be visible in the form and it's not possible to remove or hide this field.

If you want to force the ticket to be shared with the organization, you can create the following automation: 

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 09.56.08.png

Note that, customers can remove the organization from the ticket, it's not possible to block that. 

If you want to share with specific people, you can add them as participants, so it would be an automation rule like the below:

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 10.00.44.png

You can create the automation on Project settings > Project automation.

Like Ashlie Stephenson likes this
0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
November 19, 2021

Hello @Sonya Stoyanova,

Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

The option “All” on requests in the customer portal means that customers can access all the tickets where they have permission to.

The “Created by me”, as it says, will only show them the tickets they created and “All” will show the ticket they created and also those where they are a participant and tickets shared with the organization they are members of.

If a customer is not listed as the reporter, participant, or member of an organization the ticket was shared with, they won’t have access to it.

In case no tickets were shared with the customer, basically, the “Created by me” and “All” will show the same requests.

Kind regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Sonya Stoyanova November 19, 2021

Hi,
I would like to ask the opposite of what Cody (the starter of this topic) has asked.
I am the admin of our Jira service management project, so can I restrict my customers to see all requests from the drop-down but only those created by them? 
created by me.png

Thanks,
Sonya

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events