How to export values of Time to First Response and Time to Resolution

Shpendi Rakipi June 23, 2020

Dear all,

I would like to export values of Time to First Response and Time to Resolution as numbers from the Jira Service Desk Cloud Platform. 
I've already added the colums in the filtering section but once I export, I get errors/formula errors in Excel. 

Does someone know how to extrat them as values, not as formula, or is it something I should work on in Excel?

Regards,
Shpendi

2 comments

Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 23, 2020

Hi Shpendi,

Can you explain the exact steps you took to export these values to Excel? I'm asking this because I've just tried to reproduce your issue but in my case the Excel report looks ok.

Excel.png

If you don't want to bother with exporting, I can recommend using Time to SLA for Cloud. It comes with built-in reports to analyze SLA elapsed duration and working duration for deeper analysis.

SLA ek Açıklama 2020-06-23 182151.png

SLA ek report.png

I'm one of the folks in Snapbytes so if you have more questions just ask away.

Best,

Gökçe

Like # people like this
Shpendi Rakipi June 24, 2020

Hi @Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire} 

Thank you for your speedy reply!

Actually, Time to First Response and Time to Resolution does export but when I try to click on the cell, I get an formula error (because excel takes the minus sign as a formula request).
I have to select all the values and add an ' before the - to deactivate the formula. Do you know any way how to export them just as values without the need of extensions and without the need of extra work on Excel?

Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 24, 2020

Hi Shpendi,

This is a hard one. I've tried several things (text to number, formatting the cells, etc) but they didn't work. Maybe you can write a custom macro to parse the cell but it can be quite the hassle. You can also make a feature request to Atlassian to export these numbers in a format; a feature that Time to SLA already has.Working duration - TTS CLoud.png

Let me know if you need further information.

Regards,

Gökçe

Shpendi Rakipi June 24, 2020

Hi @Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire} ,

Thank you! I've found a winning option. After generating the report, select the columns (don't select a single cell). Go to Find and Replace and put: find -  and replace with '-. In this way, Excel will not recognize it as a formula and at the same time the ' will be hidden.

I wish there was a shorter way, without the need of using extentions.

Many thanks,

Shpendi

Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
June 24, 2020

This is a good solution, albeit it contains several extra steps. I'm glad that you found a solution. 

Take care.

Gökçe

Like Shpendi Rakipi likes this
cosorio February 9, 2021

Hi @Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire} 

Hope all is well. I have a quick question.

This is how my time to first response or time to resolution appears when I export it to Excel

URL.JPG

Any idea on how I can convert this into minutes?

Thanks

Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
February 9, 2021

Hi @cosorio ,

I think you need to change this format to hh:mm by replacing d and h with : and then using the TIMEVALUE function. You can refer to these:

https://exceljet.net/formula/parse-time-string-to-time

https://fiveminutelessons.com/learn-microsoft-excel/use-timevalue-function-convert-text-time-excel

Cheers,

Gökçe

SUNMI HELP DESK March 10, 2021

I want to record the duration of each state in each case. Where can I apply it in JSM?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events