Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable the creation of tickets through email?

Julian Raspanti March 1, 2021

How to enable the creation of tickets through email having a type of requirement that only has the summary and description fields mandatory? Thanks you.

print1.pngprint2.png

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2021

You'll need to do what it says in the error message.  All of your request types in the current project either have fields set as mandatory (other than summary and description) or they don't have the description and summary fields on the creation screen for them.  You'll need to create a new request type, or amend an existing one, such that it meets the rules.

In your second screenshot, for example, you have "Prioridad" flagged as required/mandatory, so you can't use that request type for email.

Julian Raspanti March 3, 2021

Y put "Prioridad" optional, and now says this:

print1.png

Julian Raspanti March 3, 2021

When the service desk project was created, it automatically created some request type. I deleted all of them and i used the custom issue types that we have in all our projects. I can't associate one of my custom issue types with the email request:

print2.png

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2021

@Julian Raspanti -

Based on my knowledge that the incoming email's subject line is used as the Issue Summary value and the email's body as the the Issue Description.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Julian Raspanti March 1, 2021

Yes, I know that. But if you see the first picture i can't enable the email request

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events