Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable the option: "reporter e-mail" for projects opened to external customers?

lucas.souza August 19, 2020

Hi Guys, I'll explain my need. Hope you can help me on this.

Scenario: I'm creating a opened Service Desk (Not necessary to add customers to the project). It's because we'll create a service desk to operations, and they don't have an account on Jira Service Desk and most of times they even have an e-mail account.

Question: My question is about how to make it works.
Because when I created a HR template in Service Desk, in the customer form, I see the required question: "Reporter e-mail". I know that it's important to create the link between the customer and the agent. But in our case, we just need to receive the ticket, and the communication through the e-mail is not necessary. 

Is there any way to allow customers that don't have an e-mail account to open the requests?

I was thinking about this 2 solutions:

- Turn the field "Reporter e-mail" not required.

- Set a default e-mail account to this field, like "rh@iss.com", this way a person could be responsible for all the tickets.

Need your help o this, and if these option is not possible, giving me any other idea considering our scenario would be fantastic.

Thanks guys! :)

ps: See attached the required field in the customer form:

image.png

1 answer

0 votes
lucas.souza August 20, 2020

Guys, any suggestion?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD