Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable "Reply to customer" on issue transition screen comments

Robert March 28, 2021

Hi!

I have an issue transition screen, where the comment field is displayed by Jira as default. In this screen I do not need the "Reply to customer" tab, because this will generate issues. Sadly this is the first, active tab so it is very easy to accidentally send comment to customers. I need only the internal comment, or no comment at all. So I can imagine 3 options here, please help me what is possible:

1. Rearrange the tabs in the comment filed, so Internal comment will be the first and active, and then the Reply to customer
  2. Remove the Reply to customer tab
  3. Hide the comment field, and display no comment option at all

Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2021

I'm afraid there's no way to remove or re-arrange these.

Robert March 29, 2021

Bad news, but thank you for taking your time.

Like Sujeeva Tissaarachchi likes this
2 votes
Julius Zatroch August 29, 2022

HI Robert.

We made another sollution for one restricted team in Jira project:

1. Disable comment for this team
2. Create special transition only for this team, where is on screen only "Paragraph text field"
3. Create project Automation witch will copy content of this "Paragraph text field" to Internal comment on issue.

Robert September 27, 2022

Hi Julius

Nice trick. Thanks for sharing! I would be happy to have this out of the box in Jira, but looks like it is tricky or require an app.

1 vote
Alex Berenfeld July 5, 2021

Hi Robert,

While this does not directly address your need, our team does have an app (Doublecheck) that helps prevent team members from accidently sending internal comments to customers. Additionally, Doublecheck allows you to set the default response to internal instead of to customer.

Below is the link to the app on the marketplace, please feel to trial and reach out if you have any questions!

DoubleCheck for Jira Service Management 

Thanks,
Alex

0 votes
Abhishek Singh June 2, 2021

Hide the comment field, and display no comment option at all

This is a solution, from Permission remove access for Comments

Tiffany J November 15, 2021

does this also hide the internal comments though?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events