Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete issues using Automation

Ivan Wilson June 29, 2020

I want to delete issues in Jira Service Desk that meet certain criteria. However, I can't find a "Delete Issue" action in the Automation UI. 

These issues are getting created automatically when one of our systems encounters an error.

I'm able to manually delete the items, so I assume this is not a permission thing. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gikku
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2020

Hi @Ivan Wilson 

Delete Issues option is available in the Automation action list, not sure where you are looking at.

Delete issues.png

Simmo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2020

Hey @Ivan Wilson , @Gikku is correct in their answer. Jira Automation has such an action. You might be getting it confused with Service Desk's internal Automation however?

Like # people like this
Ivan Wilson July 2, 2020

Thanks @Simmo you are right, I was looking at the Service Desk internal automation. I didn't realize there were two types of automation. I've found the Project Automation menu and have set up my rule.

Jason Campbell April 22, 2021

@Ivan Wilson do you ever get any timeouts from Jira when you run this rule?

I have a rule that updates Parent fields, deletes existing sub-tasks and adds a couple new sub-tasks....but I've been getting error warnings from Jira as follows:

-----

Delete Issue

Jira was slow to respond. Automation attempted to delete an issue, but the results of the operation are unknown. Most likely it succeeded.

-----

More often than not the issues are NOT deleted.

0 votes
Raphael May 19, 2022

Hi, 

i only can find the jira sevice desk automation UI. 

where can i find the more advanced automation which allows deleting issues and has a scheduled trigger? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events