Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to customize a service desk project

Soporte Cinfo September 23, 2020

Hi all,

I'm trying to customize a simple project created on Jira Service Desk. By default, after remove other kind of issues, I let "IT help" issue type, but I just need one button for create simple issues, not this:Captura de pantalla de 2020-09-23 11-44-14.png

This kind of issue can't be editable:

Captura de pantalla de 2020-09-23 11-47-43.png

Does anyone know the way to perform this?

Regards!

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2020

If I understand your request you only want “IT help” request type to display on the portal. Is that correct? If so you can hide any additional request types by placing them in the Hidden group. Project settings > request types

Hi @Jack Brickey

Thanks for answering. No, I only want to modify "IT help" in order to just have a single button.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2020

Maybe something is different in Server than cloud. In Cloud, “IT help” would be a request type and each request type results in a single button on the portal and you manage which request types are displayed on the portal as I mentioned.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2020

@Jack Brickey I've seen it too, on Cloud these days on a sample project you get an Issue type IT Help instead of a request type. (and Incident is not part of the issue types by default)

Perhaps they've changed it in the template too. Sure is confusing initially

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2020

It could be. However the same thing still applies, you have issue types and you have request types. Request types or sub categories of issue types. Request types are what is displayed on the portal as buttons. You control which buttons appear on the portal via request types. 

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2020

True True, just wanted to add the info.

Request types = what's on the portal and in the backend they are linked to issue types.

Hi all,

Thank you for answering. The actual problem is I don't have access (and I'm site admin) to the project request types:

Captura de pantalla de 2020-09-23 15-22-40.png

I think I have all the permissions granted to myself. Anyone knows the specific permission that allow to manage that area?

Thanks in advance.

Regards!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2020

if you are a site admin you should have access. I'm not on server so maybe there is something i'm missing here. 

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2020

@Soporte Cinfo  ,what you see in the portal is not the issue types but are request types that are created from the issue types as the base.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver/creating-service-desk-request-types-939926101.html on how to manage these request types from the project administration

Hi @Fazila Ashraf

Thanks for answering. I can't see request types, just issue types :(

Captura de pantalla de 2020-09-23 12-28-09.png

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2020

@Soporte Cinfo  , are you sure that portal belongs to this project in the screenshot?

Can you check this in all your jira service desk projects to see whether the portal belongs to another project?

go to https://<jiraURL>/servicedesk/admin/<projectkey>/request-types

and remove/delete the other request types and configure the 'IT help' request type (with issue type IT help)

See  https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver/creating-service-desk-request-types-939926101.html  on how to configure request types

Hi, @Fazila Ashraf

Thank you again for answering. As you can see, I don't have access to this menu. I'm site admin, so I don't understand how could I grant permissions to myself. Output error say I must to be a service desk agent (?). The point is this is the first  project that we create on Service Desk, usually we work with software projects.

Captura de pantalla de 2020-09-23 15-22-40.png

Thank you again.

Regards!

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2020

@Soporte Cinfo  , ah yes, you should have the service desk agent license to use this service desk feature.

Can you add yourself to the jira-servicedesk-user or any of the group that you have configured to have the service desk application access?

Captura de pantalla de 2020-09-24 08-11-37.pngHi Fazila,

I'm already on the Jira Service Desk group that, as my understand, provide access to service desk projects:

Captura de pantalla de 2020-09-24 08-11-37.pngCaptura de pantalla de 2020-09-24 08-15-47.png

Thank you again for your support :)

Regards!

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2020

Can you also add yourself as the agent to this particular project.. From the roles section?

Soporte Cinfo September 24, 2020

It works! Problem was the Service Desk agent didn't joined to any role. Now it works properly.

Thank you so much for your help, Fazila :):)

Best regards!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events