How to create user feedback using the API

Andrew May 25, 2022

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/rest/api-group-request/#api-rest-servicedeskapi-request-requestidorkey-feedback-post

In this document, the interface for creating user feedback. The required parameters, I don't know how to get them.

How to get access-token 、How to get requestKEY?

Can anyone tell me?
My JIRA application is deployed on the company's server. Is it possible to use this documentation reference?

3 answers

0 votes
Jeffrey Chan November 14, 2023

Just adding on to Andrew's answer, the requestKey or requestId seems to accept the issue key.  Note the restriction though, the user must be the reporter or an Atlassian Connect app.  You can't post feedback from a service account.

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2022

You should look into Jira Service Management server REST API if you're using a self-hosted version of Jira and if your use case can't be achieved by Jira's native features.Also, if you want to create a user feedback system, why not use Issue collectors or JSM Widgets which are practically existing feature within the application to gather feedback from users? Probably if you're trying to post this information into another application, you can practically think of combining automation for Jira to send a web request from a Jira issue/ticket after it is created. If those don't work for you, then looking through the REST API documentation above should get your started.

0 votes
Andrew May 25, 2022

image.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events