Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to create/run a report that shows all issues over several years

Hello,

I need to either build a report or find a way to get Jira to show me a chart of all the tickets/issues that have come into the helpdesk project over several years. A "Volume over time" I dont see that as an option only "past year by month" I need "past 2 or 3 years by month" not sure how to build custom report.

Any suggestions on how to make this happen would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Carla Ann Rowland COMMUNITY LEADER 

Hi Jay,

I mocked up some data and using a created vs Resolved graph doesn't display nicely and you cannot parse the created date because for this gadget is a series.

1. Create your filter: e.g. project=myservicedesk and Createddate<endofyear() and save it. It should capture all your created tickets
  2. Go to your dashboard and choose the created vs. resolved gadget. I  did: 
    1. Choose your filter
    2. period: Monthly
    3. Days Previously: the number of days 1095 is 3 years
    4. Trend: No
    5. Display Versions: only major versions
    6. Collection is count
  3. The graph will display see my attached graphic. As you see it displays 3 years on same graph. It isn't super pretty because I didn't make any resolved issues.
2 votes

Hi @Jay 

Did you try looking Created vs Resolved gadget? You can configure the report to show Date range as "Past year by month".

or you can look at "Recently Created" gadget and select Period as Monthly and Days Previously as 365.

I hope it helps.

Ravi 

Hi Ravi,

Yes, I  did look at the Created vs. Resolved. There is still the limitation of Year by month for the display. 

As for the Recently Created, it will only go back so far. I dont know what limitation is there. I'm looking for a multiple year range. Do you know how to do this? If so can you please provide the query?

Thanks,
Jay

As you can see by my screenshots, I have the date range set back to Jan of 2019 to today's date. and when I save the query, it only allows me to display for the past year. How can I get a report that shows more than just one year?

Hi Jay,

I mocked up some data and using a created vs Resolved graph doesn't display nicely and you cannot parse the created date because for this gadget is a series.

1. Create your filter: e.g. project=myservicedesk and Createddate<endofyear() and save it. It should capture all your created tickets
  2. Go to your dashboard and choose the created vs. resolved gadget. I  did: 
    1. Choose your filter
    2. period: Monthly
    3. Days Previously: the number of days 1095 is 3 years
    4. Trend: No
    5. Display Versions: only major versions
    6. Collection is count
  3. The graph will display see my attached graphic. As you see it displays 3 years on same graph. It isn't super pretty because I didn't make any resolved issues.

created vs resolved.PNG

Like Jay likes this

Thank you @Carla Ann Rowland

That is exactly what I needed! Appreciate your assistance :)

you are welcome, happy it helped.

Like Marjorie likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM Jira Automation: How to Send SLA Breached Notifications

Hi Everyone, In   this tutorial,  we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached.   SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...

688 views 5 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you